Well I've just attended my uni mate's wedding dinner at Subang Jaya 2 weeks back, Tai Thong. Sat in a table with another 7 other people, whom I only knew 4 of them. Didn't have my gal sitting next to me that day as she's out of the country, but I always gave them an impression that I will never get married, nor will I have a gf, so I think it's quite a surprise to them when I told them that I had a gal =)
What I was thinking about in the wedding dinner is, everyone in my table is already married, and only me .. yeah me not married, not forgetting the person that's celebrating his wedding. And I'm only starting a serious relationship now .. =) So what's this getting married thing is all about ??!! Wondering right now as I'm writing some material for my blog today. I actually thought I would never get married due to the heavy family commitments that I'm having. Until my heart told me that I'm doing well in managing my family, and thus it's about time to go to another level in life. So I did, I got my first gf, yeah one of God's mighty blessings, and of coz I love her, been thinking about her since she went for a holiday.
So, coming back to this getting married thingy, finished with courtship, finished with all the happy moments watching movies, doing stuff together, cry together during sad times, laugh like crazy when we are happy ... and then the question of whether the relationship is so mature now that we have to get married. Thinking of this point, actually I wanna send an email to my church pastor to ask about marriage. What is the true meaning of marriage, why there are so many other cultures, so many practices to marriage, wedding dinners, wedding photo .. bla bla bla .. but the ultimate goal is declare officially that both parties will take care of each other no matter what happen, of coz to prepare ourselves for more responsibilities, like having our own family, raising up kids and so .. hmm .. at this point when I start thinking what other stuff that a marriage will bring along, good or bad, my family, her family, my friends, her friends, bla bla bla ... wow ... hmm .. when will someone be really sure that they are ready for marriage .. I gotta get more information on this topic, suddenly I am SO interested to know more about how 2 persons can stay together for the rest of their life, and just to compromise, to truly understand each other EVEN better ... to talk about stuff, to argue about stuff, to disagree about stuff, and to work out stuff together ... really REALLY interested to understand this MAGIC now.
So till I get more information about this marriage stuff, you guys just have to wait .. =)
Saturday, May 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment