
Time now is 12.34 am, 29 May 06, and it's my Mum's birthday =)
I just wished her happy birthday, planning to go for steamboat buffet dinner right after work, to celebrate her birthday =)
In my mind, I'm only thanking God for a great mum like mine. Being a guy, and eldest in the family, I got most of the good stuff from my mum. And somehow deep down in my heart I know she loves me alot, sometimes more than my other brothers. Oh yah lately she's little jealous also because she knows she had to share her 'ah boy' with my gf. Remembering things that she did for me and my family only make me wonder where she got all her strength from. No offence but I do feel that, our mums may be the stronger person in the family, while dads is out hunting for money to support the family's finances, mums is the backbone of the family, supporting the family in a different way, with her love, with her care, with her time, and to me, this is even harder to do compared working late in the office.
Well, my mum was blessed with 4 beautiful boys, and we know how much she would want to pray for a daughter, but somehow God has His own plan. Let me tell you, taking care of 4 kids ain't an easy thing to do, and taking care of 4 boys, ha ha .. I cannot imagine. I know I also gave her alot of problems when I'm younger =) I remember when I was younger, she sends me to music class everyweek. I started learning music since I'm 3 years old (See, at age 3 my mum already have such big expectation from me), well learning music from young is something of a blessing to me, I appreciate music so much right now. Anyway, I was learning at Yamaha music school, started with JMC (Junior Music Class) slowly all the way till grade 5 in electrone. And this beautiful thing about Yamaha Music School is, we get to go for stage presentations, or playing for concerts organized by the school, and the best thing, is exams for every grade. Oh yah, I remember very well, as a kid, playing music is something fun, but when it comes to exams, gosh, I will have my mum sitting next to me like 2 weeks before the exam (just like the McD advertisement), and I would cry everytime I am 'forced' to practice for my exams, oh yah did I mentioned about the 'rotan', her best tool to make me sit infront of my electrone organ =( . There's even a time, that I'm so naughty or rather stressed that I just told my mum that I'm not going for exams, and asked her not to force me to go for the exams, I even threaten to do stupid things is she continues to push me ( laugh all you want, but that's what happened ). So, she would just sit down with me everytime I had "sessions" like this, and talk to me, to make sure I'm ok after every session, and sometimes so worried until she would just check me out by coming into my room once in a while. I know she must be so worried, but I'm truly sorry I said things like that to worry my mum, well I was a kid then. Thinking bout it now, let me know that I've matured so much.
There are many more stories I can tell about my mum and me, and if I start telling about all the sacrifices that she did for me and the family, I may need to write non stop for a few days. Anyway, I've learned music for 16 years, and almost became a music teacher. And I can proudly say that, being able to pass all the grades from year 3 till 18, it only shows how much effort my mum has already put into my life. Ask any working mum now, and I am sure they will tell you they don't even have enough time to know their kids, and my mum, while working to earn money to support the family, get to nurture 4 kids, and make all 4 kids so strong in life's good principles. Isn't my mum amazing ?
I believe everyone will have their own amazing mums, mine is just out of the world. Believe me when I say I will always have my mum in my heart, and I know deeply that some of the life principles that I have right now, it came from her.
Mum, Wishing you a blessed birthday this year, and many more in the coming years !!
No comments:
Post a Comment