Saturday, May 27, 2006

Death of another person ..

After work yesterday about 20 of us went for a farewell dinner, a farewell for Careen, a long time friend of mine in the company.

Come to think of it, she's actually someone who's good at caring, just that sometimes she love to talk about other people, and to take a little advantage of other people. Anyhow, my wish for her is, that she'll do better in her new company. She did share with me some of her life experiences, and being the big sister in the family, she has got her committments too, to help her family out. Well, come to think of it, almost every family has got their own sets of problems, or challenges. And life is just like this, we have to learn day by day, to cope well with all these challenges. Nothing in life promises good ending, but at least we know we have God and a group of good friends, or mentors to teach us, guide us, support us along the bumpy road of life.

This morning I received a few phone calls again, this is normal as I'm part operational in my job. Warehouse called, MF called also, and received a SMS from my boss too. In her SMS, she said " Ready for more Bad news? if so, please call me .. " So, immediately I called. And I was told that our CEO of the company, passed away during a boat accident. Well, again what I can say is that's life is short. He is such a nice person, met him a few months back when he was here in Malaysia for a short visit, and now he's gone. Too much sad news lately, just within a few weeks, already heard of 2 person whom I know passed away. The best thing about it too ya, is that when both of them left, both a surprise. First it was Veron's husband, passed away during a prayer session in an indian temple nearby the city, and he too left behind a beautiful kid. The sad thing about it too ya, is that he didn't even say goodbye. We were having a goodtime when it happened, and Veron was only notified via a phone call. Attended the funeral, and everyone in the company is just so sadden by the news. Now, with the news this morning, it only shows that life is short. Better cherish people surrounding you, and also to spend more time with those that love you lots.

There's a saying in chinese, when the tiger dies, it leaves it's skin, when a person dies, he leaves his name. Sometimes it's so true, that if we want people to respect us, we have to learn how to respect people. Somehow long time back, learning this, I've decided that I would too, want to leave a good name when I die. The special thing about this, is that being a nice person may not be easy for some of us, but for me, so far it's been easy. Being nice to people is something very easy to do, and most of us are build this way. Just that I feel that because the world is a sinful place, they are just people who would love to take advantage of this, and start using people, or abusing this power of kindness, that when 1 day, we as normal human being, decided to act protective, and so to stop being kind to people because of the afraid of being taken advantage on. And most of the time, this "protection" will stop us from being a nicer people, that shows care, kindness or love to the people surrounding us. Been living my life with lotsa friends, I've not gave up on this mentality, and I think this will be a principle that I'll hold on dearly for the rest of my life.

So friends, life is short and unpredictable ! Live your life to the fullest, love those that love you even more, and cherish the time that you still have with the people that surround you.

Have a good week ahead !!

No comments: