First, this morning when I woke up, suddenly I felt the same feeling when I woke up as a college student. A funny feeling, but I do hope someday when I wake up, I immediately turn back the clock and have a second run being a college student.
I know I know, this will never happen, but having 5 mins feeling the funny thought is quite a fun one. I'm sure if I have the change to live my life again, even from college onwards, I will live differently.
Anyway, when I reach home, I have a small chat with Dad. Our conversation is becoming shorter and shorter, same with Mum. I think this is a big sign that we stop talking so much that I kinda miss them in my heart. We normally just talk over the phone, due to my ever packed schedule, either I'm doing this, or I'm doing that. But when I really look at my Dad during our chat, I just felt sad when the Dad in my mine doesn't look like the real thing anymore. He aged so much I can feel what he's gone thru in his life just by reading his facial emotion. Oh, everyone got their own life story, and I'm sure every story is an exciting one.
So, after my chat, which also turned into a debate, leaves me with a question with no answer ... what will happen to them in just another few years. They are aging so fast I don't know how to handle the pace, the situation ... surely not at the moment. People ask questions like 'what do you want to do in 5 years time ?' or ' what do u plan to do in the future ?' ... but suddenly the same questions asked in context of my parents, my mind just went blank ... I am already so busy living my own life, next big thing is to start my family (I guess), I'm just not sure how can I cope with another element in my life ... Oh .. this is even before having kids ... hmm ... life is something to be amazed, don't u think ?
Anyone with answer, please share ya ...
Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's even worse if you only get to see them once a year...
Sometimes, you just can't plan for such things. I guess you just take it as it comes and live by the grace the God has given to you and your parents and be thankful.
Post a Comment