Well just came back from a Uni mate makan-makan with Kev, Ming, Zitt and Fey .. It's a very good makan gathering as the full Monash geng turn up this time. And everyone is really growing, we have departmental head, manager, senior engineers and a supply planner ... and yes me the supply planner =)
Well gatherings like this will always end up talking about work issues, who bought new apartment, who bought new house, bought new car, promotion, just came back from US ... bla bla bla ... and like always, the comparison starts !!
As for me, after meetings like this, I always take some time to think about my career, and yes my other side of the 'comparison'. But ! This time it's a litte different ... it's more like a time to reflect what have I achieved and also to weight what I have in other terms compared to material stuff that this mother earth can provide ...
Yes I may not have nice car, no big apartments, and no good job, but I have other form of blessings from God, that in a long run, I praise God for ! My theory, or more of my agree to other people's theory, is that every good thing on earth comes with a negative point ... have a nice sport car, but to bear the high installments, and the heavy maintenance price ... having a nice place to stay, also meaning working very hard to keep the housing loan running ... etc etc
So at the end of the day, I praise God for what I don't have instead of complaining .. funny, but this is how I feel right now. I actually reliazed that when I was thinking about what I can actually do in order to earn more money to 'buy' good stuff like sport car, nice apartments ... do I really need them ?
What do u think ? Is it a must to be a manager by the age of 30 ? or get an apartment before 28 ? Married with 4 kids by the age of 35 ? and retired before 40 with lotsa money in the bank account ?
Else you will only be a loser compared to your friends ? Please share your views ya .... this should be a nice blog-posting-discussion ... =)
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You know the answer already.
The more you chase, the less you have. When you always think about the things you do not have, then your life will forever feel empty.
But if you think about the things to you do have, then your life will feel abundant.
A lot of people chase material dreams only to find that in the end of the day, what counts is that they have had is a life that's rich in experience and fellowship.
When you're struck ill in bed, with no one caring for you, then you will understand that your money means nothing. And what you look for will actually be friendship/family.
Well, His glory is new every morning =)
Try to wake up with new hopes every day, hard to do, but am trying ...
Funny thing is, it's already so hard to live with only the necessary items, wonder how others can still afford the 'extras'
Maybe I would like to spend my golden age in a tree house or something ... muahaha ... back to nature !
Post a Comment