There are 2 sides to a coin, sometimes life is the same ... a person can choose to show his/her happy side, cheerful side, but once you know his/her other side ... you may either be sad for that fellow, or you are amazed at his/her strength to overcome life =)
I admit, I have my other side of the coin as well ... who doesn't, the world is not a perfect place to stay =)
Sometimes we ask ourselves : WHY ME ! why bad things always happen to me ! why others have family to support them through their studies without any problems, why others have rich parents, and they don't even need to work hard to earn a living ? Why others are driving Japanese cars, and we have to drive local manufactured cars ? why why why ..... so many whys in this world.
But we never heard cries of others : WHY ME ! Why others have a perfect body to perform their daily life, but why am I born a disabled ? Why did my parents abandon me when I needed them most ? Why God sent me into this world to live a life that's full of suffering ? why why why .. the question continues ...
But then there are many other stories in the world that motivate us to even feel blessed with what we have =) Trust me, God use these people mightily too !
I was reading newspaper the other day, and I saw a picture of someone I knew from a disabled centre in Petaling Jaya. His name is Meng Lai, I got to know him when I went for a appreciation dinner, a special invitation for people who signed up as volunteers at the centre. I did sign up, but I never had the chance to help. It's just amazing to see how strong they are, even they are not so 'capable' like us. I tell you, some of us are not even half of them when it comes to the things they do, and the way the live their life. They never complaint about their short comings, but they live their life to the fullest. Meng Lai had to travel a fair distance to KLCC few days in a week just to sell some of the handicrafts produced at the centre to support the centre. He even got mistaken as a beggar !
So think twice before you ask God why your life is as such =)
Btw, if you have notice, there are many living stories surrounding us already. You may not notice, but sometimes people that we are living with, working with are already people that can shock you with their life stories ... which after all you say will be ... ' oh ... ok ... '
I'm learning how to appreciate what I have, I'm learning how to give thanks even in the hardest time of my life ... please continue to support me in your prayers.
God will make a way, when there seems to be no way =)
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment