Have you ever experienced meeting a friend you knew long time back, at a shopping centre, or maybe during lunch or dinner and you can never remember their names ... and the worst part of it all, they remember your name ...
This morning as I am preparing some monthly reports for the management, I remember a friend .. one of my best friends that I will surely remember till the rest of my life. This guy is really a good friend, and I think we should be life buddy till we die if he's still around. It's just so sad when you find someone you can talk everything to, someone you really wanna be with during your free time, someone you do so many funny & stupid things together, and after that laugh at those silly things that you've done, and this friend is just someone that I was lucky enough to spend just a few years with, until he met with a road accident and pass away. Writing this post brought back some old memories, and of course sad memories as well.
I get to know this guy in secondary school. Can't remember exactly how we met, but I'm sure we get to talk alot because we sit at the same row @ front row of the class due to our heights. I'm a gentle boy during my form 1 or 2 days, and this guy actually took care of me then. Haha .. I can still remember, after school we will just go for drinks, or food outside the school. Because he rides a bike to shool (Those big black auntie bike), I would just sit at the back (The metal rack back of the black seat) and off we go, drink, food ... and sometimes to arcade centre ... Ha ha .. I also remember there were a few times we have to run for our life during police raid ... ke ke .. those were the good & fun days.
When we reach form 3, due to the school's strict requirement for everyone to join a club, and we are so damn sick of those normal clubs that other classmates are joining, we decided to join the ERT club ! And history were made that year ! We were the first 2 boys that joined the ERT club in the school's history, ok ok .. ERT means Ekonomi Rumah Tangga ! Ha ha .. no joke, but we actually have the balls to join a girl club ! Come to think of it, it's not a bad idea as well, we were treated like babies in the club ... everytime the club cook for some events, mainly for VIPs, we will have our 'fair' share of the food, but of course with some hard work la, providing the muscles to carry heavy stuff for the gals ...
When we reach form 4, we got separated because I continue with science and he did arts .. but this fellow still ride this bike (this time a yamaha ES5) to my place, and we use to chat long hours in the afternoon right under the big tree just infront of my house.
I can still remember that night, when I came home from math tuition, my dad and the rest of the family waited for me in the living hall, it's more like a welcoming party whereby everyone just sit still in the living, with only my dad standing ... and he said ... ' boy ... sit down, I got something to tell you ... your classmates just called ... and .... ' wow ... what a sad night. After that My dad sent me to my friend's place ... and was told that he was accidentally hooked to the side handle of the container being pulled by a prime mover when he's returning home with his bike, got dragged for some distance, and died on the spot due to head injuries.
Oh well, miss that fellow alot ... every CNY, I'll surely be in Klang to visit some friends, and sure enough I will need to pass by his house every year ...
Not sure if other friends of his can still remember him, but this fellow will surely be in my heart ... ha ha .. always wonder what he'll be doing now if he's still alive .. hmm .. most prob be married with a few kids =)
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yah , tats sad rite. Sigh.
Post a Comment